FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i remove the throttle cable from the pedal?...my throttle cable broke yesterday when i was going home(good thing it broke when i was on my driveway.)...any help will be greatly appreciated.....thanks.....++==

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you have to disconnect it from the throttle pulley and thread it backwards through the firewall and pedal. But I also think you can cut it too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cut it?.....i tried looking at the ends of the cable and both of em have balls(stopping things w/ lead) anyway thanks though siragan....

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
hrm. Interesting.

Well I know you could use the cable and cable housing from a bike. I used to do a little work in the bike shop and the cables are similar. You could get some pretty smooth travel if you used some nice cable... even though it is kinda ghetto.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Both ends are for the most part the same thing (as far as I remember). Take the pressure off of the throttle body plate by manually opening it, you can then "bend" the cable forward (towards the driver's side) and slide the "ball" on it through the hole, thus loosening that end. It's pretty much the same process on the gas pedal, but it's much easier to do once you've removed it from the throttle body.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys....all the work done....used my hands and a string to get in the garage and fix it(new cable too and 45 bucks later)....all in all works again...and thank you....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.