FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if there are any cars out there with a bigger throttle body that would bolt on to the 1.8L DOHC engine, maybe like the Thunderbird or something...?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not positive but I´ve heard that a throttle body off a tempo/topaz oreven any Ford with a 3.6L V6 will work with a little mods. I was also told that u get like 5HP, quicker response and the pedal feels lighter. Good Luck!!!

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
The TB from the taurus V6 is for the 1.9l, not the 1.8. I don´t know of any swappable to the 1.8l.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I was actually at the junkyard earlier today and I noticed the Throttle Body from the 3.8L 95 Mustang is about the same size as my Throttle Body. And that´s why First gens KICK ASS. the only Fords I could find with bigger a bigger TB was any car with a 5.0, but they were WAY huge.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Cj_GreenScorT

from 1988+. Newer you get less chance that TBS is bad:). Older TB have a long idle valve motor so you can easlly swap your old one on new tb. Also (thats what sleeper did) you can swap 1.9 1st gtn GT TB.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Alex, What size is that throttle body? And what size is the pipe running to it? I notice that your intake pipe looks smaller than your throttle body. That kind of defeets the purpose don´t you think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was thinking that a 2.5 dohc mazda v6 throttle body might work on a 1.8 dohc but that would be the one that would be most comnpatable i would think ask around??
thanks ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts