FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I'm looking for a Zx2 to buy to replace my 96 lx with.
I'm wondering if there’s anything i should look for in these modals. Any known potential problems or issues .

I have my sights on a burgundy 1999 zx2 auto for $2100 with 75000 clicks on it. The owner says its in excellent shape no rust or mechanical problems.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

chris

· Super Moderator
6,216 Posts
price seems right for the mileage. check for VIN tags on the fenders, hood, bumper cover, deck lid to see if it's ever been wrecked.

· Registered
37 Posts
If you cannot tell it has been in a wreck or flood, then buy it without regards to "CARFAX".. I just bought a Salvaged title 02 zx2 with 12,833 miles on it and I can usually spot repaint and damage repair.. However, this one is FLAWLESS. The repair shop gave me the Before pics... Got it for 3000 and the Retail is 6200!!! No Airbag deployment and no frame or suspension damage.. For the life of me why would an insurance company TOTAL a car that needed a hood, front bumper, fender, core support and radiator?? I am going to write the DMV about Challenging the Salvaged status.. This car should have been repaired.. Unless the going labor rate is so high that it costs too much to fix a car...

· Registered
686 Posts
CARFAX is mostly useless.

"CARFAX Vehicle History Reports are based on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX does not have the complete history of every vehicle."

There's a few people on this board I would trust with my car far more than a lot of auto shops I've ever come across, and I have a very strong feeling they don't report their oil changes to CARFAX.

On the other hand, curiousity killed the cat and I'd love to see what they have on mine just for giggles. I'm just not willing to pay $35 to find out somebody owned it before me. I already knew that.
/twocents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.