FEOA Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Can't really say what it would bring, but you would be better off selling it than trading it in. Usually unless you are trading in a very late model low mileage car you can negotiate as much off of a new car as they claim they are giving you for your used one. A few years ago in '05 I was actually able to negotiate a better deal on a new Grand Marquis that another dealer was willing to give me trading in a '96 Contour. Your car looks to be a really clean car, so I would start the price out a few hundred higher than I was actually wanting for it then you could negotiate the price with a buyer. I would probably start the price off a few hundred below retail book value and go from there. It's always a good idea to start higher than you expect to receive. You can always drop the price, but if you realize you're too cheap on it you can't go up after you have already quoted the person a price. It all depends on how motivated the buyer is as to what you will get for it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.