FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I was talking to JustingGT and looked at his intake pipe and that got me thinking of how I could easily design a piping of my own. I need opinions of where to route the filter too. I was thinking almost straight down near the tranny, it will be near the road so the filter might get dirty but it has flowing air to suck up as well. If i did make them I would sell them with all the piping, connectors, clamps, and a filter. Unsure of a price.. i havent looked at what stuff costs. just need opinions right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
906 Posts
take out your filter box and look down and you will see a wall facing the front of your car cut a hole threw that and put you a filter there if you put a tube threw the wall you will have ram air. its a simple mod to do.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Chadgore is spot on.. there's already a great place for a filter with cool air from the headlight and fender. People are always trying to scoop air out from the bottom of the car... where the air temperatures are the highest. The 12 inches above the road have the hottest air thanks to the roads being black.. colder than the engine bay, but on some days, not by much.

·
Premium Member
8,425 Posts
chadgore said:
take out your filter box and look down and you will see a wall facing the front of your car cut a hole threw that and put you a filter there if you put a tube threw the wall you will have ram air. its a simple mod to do.
This is the best thing to do. It helps block off the filter from the engine bay, and get cold air from the front of the car.

Scort95lx, would you also include the adapter from the air flow sensor (flat plate with 4 holes) to the cone filter 3" opening?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes,, it would include EVERYTHING. basically to go from complete stock to intake. I am gonna go and get some materials tomorow and start my guessing game. My friend has a 1st Gen 1.9 GT . Thinkin of his too. We'll see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.