FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Well the not good news would be telling you that some of that gasket sealent could have gotten sucked up into the tranny valve body. That would mean you would need to rip out the valve body and give it a through cleaning to make sure none of that crap is blocking the fluid passages. If it was it would cause it to not shift. I take it the kick down cable wasn't the problem. :( Wait for a couple other guys to post before you tear into it. I'm not the most knowledgeable tranny person but I have done a little auto tranny work on my truck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drivinonthinice said:
Well the not good news would be telling you that some of that gasket sealent could have gotten sucked up into the tranny valve body. That would mean you would need to rip out the valve body and give it a through cleaning to make sure none of that crap is blocking the fluid passages. If it was it would cause it to not shift. I take it the kick down cable wasn't the problem. :( Wait for a couple other guys to post before you tear into it. I'm not the most knowledgeable tranny person but I have done a little auto tranny work on my truck.
thanks man. I am going to go to the library today to look at a shop manual.

ANy other thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts