FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,301 Posts
How to change the bulbs behind the HVAC controls:

Using somthing thin and strong (I used my war amps key tag), stick the thing halfway between the sides of the trim that surrounds the controls to release the clips and pull. It will come out, but BE GENTLE to avoid breaking it.

Using a really small phillips screwdriver, remove the screws that secure the selector knobs onto the selector arms. Remove the knobs.

Remove the A/C switch and bower fan rotary knob (They just pull off, but may require a good pull to do so. Just don't pull hard enough to break the HVAC panel 8O ).

Remove the four bolts (8mm) securing the HVAC control panel. Remove the panel. It will slide out over the selector arms.

There should be three bulbs visible. One on the right, one on the left, and one directly under the A/C on light.

Pull the bulbs out and replace as required.

Assemble in the reverse order.

Matt 8)

· Registered
5,301 Posts
No.

The socket is there for rear access (however they do that). You still have to pull the bulb out of the holder whether the holder is secured in the socket or not. Just grab the glass and pull. They're stiff as all hell.

When I changed mine for the first time I thought the same thing, so I tore my panel apart even more (the only way to get the sockets out from the rear that I know of) just to find I only had to try and pull it out of the socket again. They're in there pretty damn good.

Matt 8)

· Registered
5,301 Posts
Fingers of course. If you use pliers you will likely break the glass, and of course it would break right at the base. Then your really done for if you can't get the broken base out.

Installation is about 6 times easier than removal.

Matt 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.