FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aite..the thermostat thing *the thing above the radio) that controls the heat and AC (just makin' sure everyone knows what i'm talkin' bout) does it have lights on the display so u can see it at night? Cause if so, mine has never worked. Also, if there is supposed to be, is it had to replace? or $hit simple? thanks peeps!

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Yeah there's lights in it, there's a knob to the left of your steering column on the dash that brightens/darkens your gauges, it works on those too.

maybe the bulbs are burnt out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James92Scort said:
Yeah there's lights in it, there's a knob to the left of your steering column on the dash that brightens/darkens your gauges, it works on those too.

maybe the bulbs are burnt out.
Yea yea...i know dat knob. I guess the lights are burnt out, cause at night my gauges are bright but my thero panels dark. Is it hard to repleace? do i have ta take out the whole dash? Thanks.... BTW, whatchya savin' up for? How long u been savin' for?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
i dunno if you'd have to take the whole dash out to get to them or if you can just take the thermo controls out by itself

and I'm saving up for my stainless steel catback exhaust Matt is selling :wink:

I had what I needed, but the system isn't ready yet anyway, then my insurance came so I paid it. :wink:

ps I have 376 now...just haven't updated it :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
If my memory is good... take a flat screwdriver and remove the little thing in plastic surrounding the thermo, it's just clipped. After that, remove the 4 screw. After, look beside the gaz pedal, there should be a wire attach to a wheel, just removed it, look at the passenger side, at about the same place, should be another wire like the other, remove it. Pull on the thermo and it should pop-out, there maybe wire that connect to it, just clipped them out.
Voila! :p

Hope this will help!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
How to change the bulbs behind the HVAC controls:

Using somthing thin and strong (I used my war amps key tag), stick the thing halfway between the sides of the trim that surrounds the controls to release the clips and pull. It will come out, but BE GENTLE to avoid breaking it.

Using a really small phillips screwdriver, remove the screws that secure the selector knobs onto the selector arms. Remove the knobs.

Remove the A/C switch and bower fan rotary knob (They just pull off, but may require a good pull to do so. Just don't pull hard enough to break the HVAC panel 8O ).

Remove the four bolts (8mm) securing the HVAC control panel. Remove the panel. It will slide out over the selector arms.

There should be three bulbs visible. One on the right, one on the left, and one directly under the A/C on light.

Pull the bulbs out and replace as required.

Assemble in the reverse order.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aite...ran into a problem... i got the panels off and screws and bolts yada yada yada...heres the problem: How do you take the freakin bulbs out? I tried *unlocking* them by turning them a half turn counter/clockwise...but the just didn't come out!! ANy tips..hints or such? thanks!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
You don't need to rotate anything. They just pull out.

I know, mine were a pain to take out as well, had to pull like a mad man 8O

Matt 8)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okies...i don;'t have my car with me right now..or else i'd take a pic. Do you have to pull out the bulb and that little plasic socket thing thats attached? or just the bulb? And is there any little secret or tips?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
No.

The socket is there for rear access (however they do that). You still have to pull the bulb out of the holder whether the holder is secured in the socket or not. Just grab the glass and pull. They're stiff as all hell.

When I changed mine for the first time I thought the same thing, so I tore my panel apart even more (the only way to get the sockets out from the rear that I know of) just to find I only had to try and pull it out of the socket again. They're in there pretty damn good.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fixitmattman said:
Just grab the glass and pull. They're stiff as all hell.
didjya pull with just sheer brute force? or did u use needle noses? Cuase i dont wanna break the glass or anything....that would just make things worse by having a stupid filiment stuck in the socket....

If it's hard commin' out....how easy is it to stick a new one in? Thanks matt....you're being a big help :D

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Fingers of course. If you use pliers you will likely break the glass, and of course it would break right at the base. Then your really done for if you can't get the broken base out.

Installation is about 6 times easier than removal.

Matt 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts