FEOA Forums banner
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
NYinThaBuilding05 said:
I'm assuming u have a 3rd gen for this one........take out ur center console so u can get to ur ecu.......look for a white wire with black stripe.......find it, cut it, and put a switch on it....mount the switch where ever ud like......do u have an auto or manual?
I don't understand what you're describing here. What is POTS? Is the above how you would bypass the speed governer? Why would you put a switch on it? Wouldn't it be better to just not have it on ever?

· Registered
838 Posts
lanceres said:
so are the 1.9 injectors better than the 2.0 that come in the spi?
No one answered this question (that I know of).

Will the 1.9L injectors work better, and can you just swap them with the stock 2.0L ones?

I am going to the J/Y Sat and will pick some up because they have several 1.9L engines (and cars).

Also, the rear sway bar: Is the GT and Wagon the same, or are there certain years / gens that I should look for.

I plan on grabbing on of those as well.

Thanks!

· Registered
838 Posts
Also, the rear sway bar: Is the GT and Wagon the same, or are there certain years / gens that I should look for.
I was at the J/Y today and grabbed a rear sway bar from a wagon. Now, is it me or do different gen wagons have different size sway bars?

The reason I ask this is I had a 99 SE next to a 3rd gen wagon and I checked out the sway bar on the SE and it was the same thickness as the wagon.

I saw another wagon and it was the same size as the SE.
I found a 3rd wagon (yes - three, and I don't know if this was a 2nd or 3rd Gen) and it WAS thicker than the SE, so I grabbed it.

Thankfully, it was pretty clean and not as beat up as the other two wagons.

Am I totally off on this one?

· Registered
838 Posts
NYinThaBuilding05 said:
I'm assuming u have a 3rd gen for this one........take out ur center console so u can get to ur ecu.......look for a white wire with black stripe.......find it, cut it, and put a switch on it....mount the switch where ever ud like......do u have an auto or manual?
I have a 3rd Gen Auto (98SE) and I took out my center console (both pieces) and I can't find the white wire w/ black stripe.... is there one on an automatic?

If so, where is it? Maybe it is on the 5-speed only....

Note: Found it.... it is buried with 1,000 wires and I really don't feel like clipping any wires right now.

Might have to go back at a later date to do it though.

· Registered
12 Posts
use denso iridium spark plugs.

get cheep cold air intake off ebay( i had to order one for zx2, cut the pipe about 3 in. ( turn the 90 into a 45) and get a coupling for 2 1/2 in to 3)

use lucas fuel system cleaner( whatever you poison for brand) and do an overtreat.

underdrive pully from ebay
\
shit just build the damn thing off ebay parts. Fuck it!!

as for the automatics with no tach on instrument cluster, go to a junk yard and take one out of one that does, take it apart ( keep actual miles, center spedometor in, and swap other two, they pull right out) and plupug that bitch back in,. there u go, u got a tach.

mix coolant 60% water/ 40% anti freeze, water cools beter anyways, factory just does it for currosion purp. fuk em

if you have any questions on how to customize your interior, illl tell ya what i did,
all vents light up, cup holders light ( all wires hidden , no visual just light) ya gotta keep it clean man

and fuk buyin new carpet cause yours is ugly, take all the seats out and center councel, rip that carpet out(gently now) and go to wall mart, buy 7 cans of the 98 cent spray paint, whatever color, just make sure its flat. and go to town, if u got a lil bit more pocket change, its best to go with the upolstry paint.

other than that if i think of anthing ill tell ya
:twisted:

· Registered
1,747 Posts
udp's on ebay :lol:

they dont work for our cars

· Registered
12 Posts
mine does, ive looked for it though, its not often that one gets posted, and its hard to not get outbid on one. im thinkin about sellin my scort,

its got intake , udp, crystal black headlights, invader body kit(isnt even on yet) custom hood, complete custom interior, 15 in konig rims w/ kuhmo ecsta atc tires, dual buned exaust, glow guages, blue color scheme under hood, very clean engine, d & s rotors with kevlar break pads, and some other shit, denso iridium spark plugs

downsides are cracked windshield, dent in rear right side lower door, if your interested lemme know

· Registered
1,747 Posts
post a link to that upd u bought

41 - 60 of 139 Posts