FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
65 Posts
labant said:
Are you saying you can Plug the top hose on the PCV and put a breather filter on the bottom hose, Thereby removing the PCV hoses completely? I've been having trouble with my PCV hose breaking constantly, and don't feel like buying the $45 new hose.
I had the same problem as you do with the tube. My stock one was getting old and Seafoam made it collapsed. I went to Lowes and lol bought a air hose and it collapsed from the heat. I then went to Advance Auto Parts and bought a radiator hose that fits the pvc valve and it works great. Been that was for 9 months or so. Still holding up. I zipped tied it too so the bend is less on it. Hope that helps you. I think I spent around $10 or less. The one I got was a pre-cut one.
Thank you.

· Premium Member
65 Posts
My car has 211k on her with my valve seat problem fixed on the OEM head, for now. I think if I did get that BlackBox, I would blow my engine. I get up on it 3k RPMs or so and rearly hard but she runs so good. I have catback exhaust and modded OEM CAI. Is there a video of this BlackBox in action? I am not sure if I would be better off getting a ZX2 engine and rebuilding that vs my SPI. Machine work is costly.

· Premium Member
65 Posts
Had a oil smell this morning on the way to work. Found a mysterious oil leak at the driver side of the engine under the throttle body. Engine runs great and has no hesitation. I am not burning oil and the oil is not a pressure leak. Only about 1 qt low. When I got home, I inspected my engine. I revved it up and found no oil coming from anything. The pvc valve is working. Great suction. Here are 3 pictures of the area.

Time to find out what is going on in cold ass weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts