FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tilter

I saw one in use on a TVshow (where they rebuild completely a ride)... and it looked like: they could do things with this... in 20 minutes... that would usually take several hours.
Neat!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
There are different models out there.....some can only be used when the body is all stripped out caus special mounting brackets are bolted in the factory holes of most cars...pretty usefull in a bodyshop....it saves some time...but it mostly save a lot of pain from having to twist your body to get to wherever you need to work.... ....some are designed in a way that you can flip the car on a central axis....so...you can either work on the sides, the roof or the floor pans... pretty neat tools indeed....and the show is called Overhaulin by the way ...it's on TLC...just Before RIdes...and American Chopper and american hot rod on Discovery channel:p

·
Registered
822 Posts
you would think that it would crush the one side of the car... how does it work?????

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
yeah..some work as a rotissery...but the central axis does not go all the way through each side of the axis holder bars....kinda looks like swingers for kid, without the swingers... :p

and then you bolt the car on each side of the splited axis....this is mostly used in the hot rod industry, cauz they use the holes where the frame would originaly mount to hold the car up on the axis......

and i've seen some.. that looked pretty weird...it was like 2 circles made out of 2 inch pipes, with several hooking pad all along the inner side of each circles...then then would run the car in the middle of those circles...then they would use air ratchet to secure each pad firmly on the car...adn then roll the car wherever they needed too...i guess the whole wait of the car is distributed into each pads so it doesn't crush the car...

and most of the time...the cars are mostly stripped out when they go in these jigs...

·
Registered
680 Posts
The link of the tilter you have you need to have all fluids removed from the vehicle before you can use it.Thats according to eastwood.I have seen them used on american hotrod but they used it on just the shell of the car.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a video of it at work.
http://gimli.eastwood.com/ftp/Car-Turn.mov

The link of the tilter you have you need to have all fluids removed from the vehicle before you can use it.Thats according to eastwood.I have seen them used on american hotrod but they used it on just the shell of the car
no maintenance. Only the battery needs to be removed, engine oil, transmission fluid, brake and washer fluid remain in the vehicle

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
DreamLand said:
no maintenance. Only the battery needs to be removed, engine oil, transmission fluid, brake and washer fluid remain in the vehicle
I wouldn't leave the oil in. If you tip a 1.9 up on it's left side you might pour half the engine oil out of the valve cover breather, into the airbox. Most other engines I know of would do the same.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Beaverboy said:
DreamLand said:
I wouldn't leave the oil in. If you tip a 1.9 up on it's left side you might pour half the engine oil out of the valve cover breather, into the airbox. Most other engines I know of would do the same.
So plug the breather hole

1 - 20 of 21 Posts