FEOA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
I have had true hid convertion in my scort since feb and if you've never driven at night with hid's you just don't know the difference. 9004 high/low kit places the bulb exactly where the normal 9004 hale does. to get high beam a solinoid pulled the bulb back and up the 3 millimeter and there you have it. i've never gotten flashed on the highway. and as for field of vision at night if you can tell me after driving a car with hids and then right after drive one without and tell me they're not safer i will gladly laugh. as for legality the bmw 5 series uses a hid that is rated at 6450 K and most hid kits on the market are 6000. any higher that the 6450 mark and your breaking DOT. there are also more and more kits out there that are DOT Approval. the sharp clean lines are because of projector housing. hid or hale they look the same on a wall. inconsiderite people do this ungrade and aim there lights high on purpose to maximize light coverage. with the correct aiming and kit you can run hid's safely and affectively with out blinding others. these lights are also easier on the eyes at night and decrease driver fatigue. All the major auto makers are using this new lightly source for the visability and safety factor not the look. i've said my peace thanx for reading.

Bump: Someone should try to find the pictures that were deleted or moved, so that people who are looking for information on what a real HID looks like can see it, and not just be told how it is. I've sent this link to a couple people but because there was no pictures, I felt like they couldn't fully grasp why the cheapo HID kits are so bad.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Yeah. A lot of the original pics have been lost over the years. Been trying to rebuild everything...and it's been tricky

i did a HID conversion in mine where its the legit conversion kit. it cost me $70 and it came with the xenon 9004 bulbs where its the high and low beam all in one and the ballasts and all included wiring. i theyre the 8000K so theyre kinda blue but not obnoxious. They do look sick on my 94 lx

If you just put them in your stock 94 housings, then you are likely blinding other drivers because of the beam pattern. IDK what you have, but unlikely true HIDs anyway. I have considered a conversion on mine, but I get flashed in the low setting as it is, H7 bulbs are a good enough improvement over the 9004s.

StealthStyle said:
the reason these hid bulbs give off more glare has to do with the color. as you get nearer blue, light tends to scatter more easiliy.
I like how the DeLorean signature illustrates this so well!

Read this and then did some of my own research. Striking this off the list. Thx for this article. I could have made a bad mistake. To anyone who still thinks you can do it without getting a whole new housing, please do your own research and you will find exactly why HID can not work I a halogen housing and why the dangers are actually not limited to glare. There are many other dangers.

Get A Real Projector Housing with either Pods or a Lens.
I have not looked but I doubt the make them for this car lol. At least not second gen.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.