FEOA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for being so informative and supportive to with help for my 90 LX wagon.

The time has come to retire the old girl from her daily driver status. She will now be left to dump and homedepot runs. Over the last year or so she has developed some electrical gremlins and cancer has begun to spread across her body panels. She only has 117K on her, but I would rather not take the chance of problems popping up on a 1hr commute to work.

I have alread picked up her replacement, and the driveway is now packed. I bought a 2004 SVTfocus silver 5 door Euro edition. Keep with what you know right? She is stock except for the powerworks huffer. She will be detuned and returned to stock for the winter. The huffer will be going on my black 2002 SVTfocus fun car. It was a tough decision, but I think I will be happy in the long run.

I still love my scort, and I will miss her as a daily, but at least she will remain home and out of a scrap yard. I have had a lot of fun with squeezing out the most power as possible without building her up. Its kinda cool to know that there are only 2 belts on the entire car! Currently she has an AC delete, manual rack, GT header, EGR delete, and GT rear sway bar. I will probably part her out when the time comes that she wont run anymore, but until then I will still show her the love.

I wont become a stranger.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I feel your pain! Life goes on, though. You never know....you may come back to a 1st gen somewhere down the road. That's what happened to me!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I still have everything. I still plan on keeping the car, but she wont be a daily driver anymore. Shoot me a PM. I can get that to you.

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
SVTADAM said:
Hey everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for being so informative and supportive to with help for my 90 LX wagon.

The time has come to retire the old girl from her daily driver status. She will now be left to dump and homedepot runs. Over the last year or so she has developed some electrical gremlins

It's my understanding that they don't like country music. Play some on the car stereo and see if the go away.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If you're referring to the one next to the truck, then yes. As of now, it's together waiting for the title (will be a r-title). I not going thru the whole ordeal and money to paint in case I can't get a title. So for now, it's runnable.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey everyone.

Bumping this post because there are some sad developments as of late.

Since I last posted, the wagon has developed a hard starting issue. Kind of like the ignition control module failed, but after replacing it and the distributor, the issue still presents itself at odd times. She is no longer reliable, and is getting replaced.

This weekend though I did fire her up and we took the canoe down to the lake with it. Feeling quite nostalgic and heartbroken about having to give it up because it is such a fun little car to drive.

I dont know if I am going to try and sell her, or donate to a charity. I have even considered parting her out since there are a lot of good/new parts on her.

Here is a short list of new/low mileage items:
Rebuilt distributor; new manual rack and all parts for a conversion, KYB shocks/struts with new springs and mounts, HO header and new exhaust, high output alternator from a ford 351W motor, head gasket set, machined head w/ GT cam....
there is more, I have to go through stuff. If I need to list in the classified forum I will. Just thought I would check interest before I did that.

If you are wondering what is replacing her...its going to be a 99 Jeep Cherokee sport. It needs a little TLC, but I think it will work as a replacement.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If there is enough interest I would part it out. If only one person wants one thing...then no, Im not going to waste my time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts