FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm pretty sure i know what it is...but i wanna make sure ppl agree w/ me.

Last night my g/f and i went out. Car is acting fine...Drove it for about an hour. We went bowling. After about 2 hours we went out to my car and the battery was dead. Tried to turn over once but didnt have enough juice. I Kick started it and let it run for a few mins. On the way back my lights got dim, my heater was barely running and my guage lights got dim. Also my tachometer kept kicking in and out. My radio also would turn on for a few seconds and then turn off. My power locks were locking and unlocking. They are the kind that need constant voltage to stay locked. Also my car kept surging in power and at high rpm wanted to die a few times. Now. When i got back to my dorm. I let the car idle for about 10 mins. My lights got brighter, my heater got stronger and my locks stayed locked and my tachometer stayed working. I havent been out to the car today, but i'm pretty sure i know what is wrong.

So, before i say what i think is wrong, what does everyone else think it is? I know what some ppl will say, but i just wanna hear it first.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking either one of those man. I noticed my belt was sqeaking and it might be fraying off. On the other hand, The alternator has been on the car before i bought it and i've had it for 2 years. But i figured it was alternator based problem. Just to be sure..does anyone else have any other suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.