FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( so i just got my weapon r intake and installed it last night. I take her out for a ride and no more than a mile down the road the wheel bearing blows out. I knew it had been going but sometimes things just don't get done. So now tonight she goes into the shop and will be hung up for a few days.

Any one else been punished by the murphy god lately? or is it just me? :(

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:? Ooer! 'Eric' went in for his annual MoT in Jan and I was told I had a noisy rear wheel bearing but was not urgent - I just turn up the CD - maybe I should get it looked at. What do you mean by 'blow.' (in connection with the bearing that is!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now when i drive it there is a horrible thumping/grinding noise. I can grab the wheel and move it 3-4 inches in and out. (toward inside/outside of car). This happened with my 87 scort too and it was wheel bearing. I haven't torn any of this one apart yet to see but all the symptoms are right.

Dave
91EGT

P.s. i had my stereo turned way up too.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
on_dnbe said:
:
Any one else been punished by the murphy god lately? or is it just me?
The only thing that punishes me is the stupidity of my buying a rusty ford pos :(

I'm seriously considering buying ANOTHER egt that isn't so rusty, and really spending some time and money into a turbo install and making it into a real fine car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea me too. I wish i had an EGT as clean as the day it rolled off the showroom floor. With the gtr motor, turbo, exhaust, intake, coil overs, complete sport suspention, a mint paint job, beefed out stereo system, heck why not 4wd!

then again don't we all...

dave
91EGT

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just came back from the garage, not only do they need to change all for disc, all 4 calipers too... all 4 brakes
wow it's going to cost me 900$ plus tax full brakes job all around.
Since i got the car one year ago i spent at least 6000$ on car repairs and I paid 1500$ for the car. Last time i buy a used car im going with a new one next time. At least one thing is good with all this is that I learned alot of things...

·
Registered
15,385 Posts
FourDiceS04 said:
Just came back from the garage, not only do they need to change all for disc, all 4 calipers too... all 4 brakes
wow it's going to cost me 900$ plus tax full brakes job all around.
Since i got the car one year ago i spent at least 6000$ on car repairs and I paid 1500$ for the car. Last time i buy a used car im going with a new one next time. At least one thing is good with all this is that I learned alot of things...
One thing you need to learn to do is easy stuff like brakes. Last time I bought rebuilt calipers they were less than $20 each. Rotors should also be less than $20 each. The good cheap rotors are often from Canada (don't get ones from whirld world countries). So for 4 new rotors and calipers that's ~ $160 in parts. Maybe a few bottles of brake fluid and less than a $1 each at WalMart. And even if you get any new hoses they are also less than $20 each, but you probably don't need them. Why pay $900 for a brake job when you can do it yourself for under $200? Don't know how much that is Canadian but the $17US rotors might be cheaper there, etc. As much as I hate Pep Boys rebuilt parts for some reason the rebuilt brake calipers are good.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I need brakes later on im gonna post a post about it cause i hijack posts way too much.

I Know how you feel stuff like that happens to me all the time....it usually has to do with whats going on and being grounded during whats going on tho :cry:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Hows this? :: (not car related)

I bought a CD-RW last year so that I could backup my 20gig harddrive, full of movies and songs and images. I get it after waiting for several weeks, install it.. burn a cd to test it out.. that goes great. Then.. as I'm compiling some stuff together to burn for a backup.. it crashes on me. I fight with it for the next couple days. What happened? My hard drive died.. lost the partition table :x So much for backups.. time to start over. :? Which reminds me.. I need to do a backup *knocks on wood*

Oh, and one time, when I was going to school in Florida.. I used a day of my Spring Break back home (yes.. I left Daytona Beach during spring break :wink:) to install a rebuilt alternator on my 320i.. the old one wasn't dead.. but wasn't quite putting out the amps I wanted it to. Over the next 6 months I dissassemble and clean the intake and distributor, adjust the valves, install a new waterpump, removed some crappy jury-rigged wiring a previous owner blessed the car with, and install a new custom engine fan. I was worried about driving the car 600 miles to school, (since I'd never worked on all the stuff I messed with before) so I traded cars w/ my mom for a few weeks. I took a weekend to retrieve my car.. and guess what.. my alternator died on me in South Carolina. I still haven't had any problems with the other stuff I did to the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts