FEOA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my god. for thos of you who really like tools and know enough about fixing cars to understand the magnitude of what this tool can do, I present to you the GOD tool. If there ever was an all in one tool this is it. This tool can replace a shop full of diagnostic tool, and it fits in your hands. Drooooooolllll I WANT ONE!!!!!!

GOD Tool

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
We have a similar tool in the phone world. it´s called a Leathermans. hehe the ONLY two things it´s missing are a good pair of diagonal cutters (*****) and a punch tool. It´s got a flat head/phillips screwdriver and a pair of needle nose, along with a knife etc...all for $65 US. :-]
It´d also be nice if it had a crimper attachment... (to make rj 21 phone and rj 45 network jacks).
But damn man, 7200 bucks for that tool? :-o it better be the God tool for that kinda price. ;-)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
well funny thing is I may be getting an older model soon....it´s similar....but used and comes with all software for American and Asian imports engine and trans up to 2000 model year and European up to 2002 model year(I think 2002) whatever it´s the most updated snap-on has for euros and it´s costing me 3 large...but worth it for sure...better than paying new

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah, just think you can buy it for that much then charge your customes an additional $100/hr of use of the tool....Oh Wait...FORD beat me to the idea!

Damn them...

Okay call me cheap but I try to take the world on with my DVOM and test light...but hey, it told me when I had a locked injector and another one that was out of its duty cycle (and helped me discover the heatercore-ECU problem)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
yeah, just about any garage charges overhead....esp when things are that exp...I´m getting mine for family and friends...and if soemone I don´t know like that needs some help...well they can help dillute the cost to me....but not my friends and family....that would be wrong.....I´m not that greedy......yet :-o :-D :-]

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice reference to the Leatherman. This is what I would call the Leaterman of automotive diagnostic tool. It has a DVOM, an ignition scope, there is an attachment for an exhaust gas analyzer, hell it even gives solutions for some common problems to different cars just by putting in a vin number. Even a leatherman cant tell you what wire to hook wher whn you are working on the phone sysems James. I agree with you on the crimpers for the different jack though, they should make a leatherman designed for the Telcom industy.

Merc1995, I am headed to you post next. I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
19-04-2003 at 18:34, Pimp_scort_89_GT wrote:
Even a leatherman cant tell you what wire to hook wher whn you are working on the phone sysems James. I agree with you on the crimpers for the different jack though, they should make a leatherman designed for the Telcom industy.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

True that man, but every phone system is different. some you have to make jacks up on a 25 pair (50 wires) and some the 25 pair is already made down. It´s just a matter of knowing the system when hooking it up. the new Comdial DX-80 is awesome that way. All you have to do is make up 25 RJ21s, plug them in to the system and punch them down on a 66 block. Then you just have to remember which plug went where i.e.: CO lines, digital stations, analog stations. The more difficult systems to work with are the ones that need 2 pairs to run each phone. I hate those... :-Y
They should make a leathermans for the phone technician...that way I could carry around my Leathermans, my cell phone, and a flashlight and I´d be all set. :-]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
18-04-2003 at 01:50, TheBlade wrote:
Yeah, just think you can buy it for that much then charge your customes an additional $100/hr of use of the tool....Oh Wait...FORD beat me to the idea!

Damn them...

Okay call me cheap but I try to take the world on with my DVOM and test light...but hey, it told me when I had a locked injector and another one that was out of its duty cycle (and helped me discover the heatercore-ECU problem)
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

I figured maybe 25 bucks a hookup...plus there are some things like on my new volks that you can only find with the scan tool....but as far as my scort there has been nothing I haven´t found using regular tools such as DVOM and test light....I wouldn´t buy this if it were not a good way to go...plus I can help out my family with their cars....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts