FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pplz,

How are ya doin' ?

You know the sound your engine makes when you start it at -30 celsius? well....i have the same noise right now...but i'd say the temp is up to 16-25 celsius now....what could it be ? I've replaced the timing belt 5 000 miles ago.... could it be the alternator of just the tension pulley !? I'll try to juice it up tomrorow morning and i'll check out the results...I fear it might be bad.....i'll have to change my oil soon, in less then 300 miles..but i'm not low on oil...i've already checked it...

·
Registered
274 Posts
it could be any of your belts or tensioner pulleys, check em all out and make sure they are all snug. That sound is pretty brutal, I know nuke had a problem with it, donno if he had it fixed yet, and also my friend with a neon had it REAL bad. neon, figures :roll:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
You may also want to try checking your alternator bearings, the power steering pump pulley, and possilby the a/c pulley. Sounds like you've got a bad bearing, the question would be where and on what.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah...i have to check all the pulleys...but the problem is that i don't own a hoist so i'll have to figure out how i'm going to pull the engine out just enough so i can get a good peak at it....and i guess i'm not strong enough to do it myself ahahah....i migh put some jacks under my car and push the engine out just a bit...i'll chek this on saturday...i'll make a humm...how do you say this...a report !!?!?! of the whole operation..wish me luck hehehe :)

:albino: :rr: :bigsmurf:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I don't know how big your arms are, but I just loosen, or remove the drive belt, then stick my hands down there to feel for play. If a bearings gone bad you'll be able to feel the play in it, or at least hear it when you spin the pully by hand.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
yeah, it's moisture buildup in your alternator. i had the same thing during the wintery nights my car would spend outside. but usually when it was kept in the garage (where it was warmer) it was virtually squeakless. nothing to worry about, as long as if it goes away once your car is warmed up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.