FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inspired partially by 94scortlx's b-day thread, and by the labatt in front of me currently.

i guess there isn't really much direction to this topic....just talk about beer i guess?

since i was on the subject of cheap beer in that other thread: any of you tried that newish stuff called steel reserve? i wouldn't be so bold as to call it good, but i will say it is a good deal. it's 99 cents per 24 ounce can, and it's 8.1% alcohol by volume. which means that for $1.98 plus tax, you've effectively got yourself a six pack (if you do the math there's actually very slightly more alcohol content in two cans of steel reserve than there is in a six pack of 5% beer).

i pretty much usually drink labatt blue. it's not my favorite beer ever, but i do quite like it and it's only $8.99 for a 12 pack (or $7.49 for a sixer :?)

so uhh....drink up!

·
My old archenemy, RAKES!
6,146 Posts
Steel Reserve? I can't drink that, not at all. High alcohol content or not...but that's just me. For a cheap beer I usually go for High Life, which is $12 for two 12 packs of bottles at my local Sam's Club. Say what you want about it, I don't mind it for a cheap beer (is much better in bottles btw).
For a tastier beer, I usually go for a lighter colored beer like Pilsner Urquell or Stella Artois. Yuengling is also good stuff, as is Molson Golden. There are, of course, others.
That said, I'm not a so-called "beer snob," meaning those that say all macrobrews are crap and nothing can compare to whatever crazy Bavarian microbrew they are hooked on this week.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Paulaner, Hefe-Weisse
Franziskaner, Hefe-Weisse
Dogfish Head, Midas Touch
Paulaner, Oktoberfest

Well there are a few tasty ones.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Dogfish Head, IPA 120
Real Ale, Rio Blanco Pale Ale
Pacifico
Bohemia
The different flavors of Sam Adams, hey I own stock in them.
and surprisingly Coors Light. I dunno why but it's beer flavored water and that's kinda refreshing.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
used to drink pabst blue ribbon quite a bit as well as mgd. for better beer i like beck, new castle brown ale, pyramid hefe, local brews are good in nor-cal too. lots of stuff. lol
-Justin

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^

beck's dark is one of my favorites. i like irish stuff like harp and guiness.

any of you ever done a black & tan?

·
My old archenemy, RAKES!
6,146 Posts
^I've had it, can't say I like it much. I don't care much for darker beers, personally. It's cool though, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i like either, depending on how i'm feeling. last weekend i picked up one of those heineken 5 liter mini-kegs. i was quite surprised at how light it was....but very tasty nonetheless.

it's kind of a cliche thing to say, but beer truly is an acquired taste. three years ago i never would've imagined i would ever in my life refer to a beer as "tasty".

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
[Elaine Voice]STEELLLLLL-AAAAA!!![/Elaine Voice]

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My most fave has to be Chimay Red, I tried the white and blue but didnt like them. But the red kicks a$$. And some local bars if you go on a sertain night give you a free chimay glass with every one you order. Though they should cause its expensive stuff at 10.00 for the large or 5.00 for the small at specs liquor.

Others I drink are Michelob Amber Bock

Coors light (you know what it looks like)

Fat Tire

Michelob Ultra

Blue Moon (really good stuff, about 6.50 a six pack-bottles)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I go for 9.17$ Milwaukees Best cases, 2.53$ Scheaffer sixers, 1.39$ 40's of MGD or Hurricanes, or .79$ Coors or Crazy Stallion tall boys. and $1 PBR's at my bar. Also I found McCormick's vodka for $6.30, Andre Champagne for 3.00$, and Winking Owl wine for $2.50.

Never tried a Steel Reserve, but I almost got one last night.
Yuengling is awsome, but you can't get it in WV.
Guiness is cool for a beer pong kit.
Corona is good, I lime it out of force of habit.
Mmm, Miller High Life... I don't care for it.
I tried Heineken once, but I was already to drunk to taste it.
I can count all the Michelob's I've ever had on one hand.
I also enjoy Buds, especially Select when someone else is buying, Old Milwaukee (watch out for thier non-alchoholic cases), Naturals (Ice mainly), and Busch (Not cheep in WV).

1 - 20 of 126 Posts