FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wifes 2001 zx2 has been dripping from the lower temp sensor (one that controls the gauge inside).

i pulled it today and replaced the O-ring, but that didnt fix it...

I had replaced the PLASTIC thermostat housing last year because the original had cracked. Not sure what brand i bought but it was off rockauto.

Is there any way I can put the SOHC style of aluminum thermostat housing on this car instead of the plastic style it has now??

The thread in temp sensors and aluminum construction seems a much better design.

Probably spent 4 hours on it today and i think the stupid thing just wasnt made right so the sensor is loose in there or something.

This is the kind it has in now:
Font Screenshot Auto part Machine Engineering

This is the kind id love to swap it with:
Product Liquid Font Cosmetics Automotive lighting

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Go to the junkyard and get a 98 style housing, they were metal. I think you have to change the sensors to the 98 style too.

There should be a thread on here about it if you search.
Ill call around the local junkyards. I am working out of phone service so have a real hard time making phone calls during business hrs during the week.

If i cant find one out there in a yard, will this work?

Ebay aluminum thermostat housing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to my local junkyard and they have yards all over this state and ajoining states. Closes '98 is 1.5 hrs away and they could not confirm whether or not they actually have the housing lol. I may try that one off ebay and have them drill and tap for the 2nd sensor. Kinda expensive but Id have to take time off work to drive to yards looking for one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts