FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Hi! :)

Even when the engine has warmed up the temperature gauge will barely move which is still 'less than' C on the temperature gauge. One time on a hot summer day, I let the engine run at the parking lot and because the Radiator fan didn't come on, the coolant started boiling some and the temperature gauge was reading around 3/8. I know there is a seperate sensor for the temperature gauge, but I don't know if its the sensor it self or the gauge. I thought, before I start poking around, it may be a good idea to ask. (the over heating was caused by the fan relay - bad contact)

My second problem is with the Fuel Filter. It's at such an odd point that I can't get to it. Anyone have any tips, suggestions to make it possible.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
If you remove your intake tube and look down in the engine bay towards the throttle body of the engine, you will see two sensors attached to a hose with a bracket. The sensor with one wire coming from it is the temperature sensor for the guage. The one with two wires is for the ECU. You may want to try just cleaning the terminal first though. It could just be corroded, and if so is easy to clean and is cheap compared to a new sensor.

As for your fuel filter, the best way for the second gen's I've found is to take it from the top. Again, it's much easier if you remove the intake tube. From the driver's side of the engine bay, with the tube removed there is enough room to loosen the hose clamp that secures the filter to the firewall. This is fun as it's usually tight to turn, and once it loosens it's grip, likes to spin on the filter. You will need to loosen it quite a bit more from when the filter starts to move as the filter requires some room to clear the brake booster. Once you've loosened it enough, the best way is to reach from behind the intake of the car and feel around for the hairpins that secure the fuel lines to the filter. This can also be aggrevating, but manageable. When you get the new filter it should come with new hairpin locks so it will make it easier to figure out how to take it off.

Hope that helps :wink:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't know about you, but my readings got all messed up when I replaced the faces. My temp guage used to read normal, but now it reads 1/4 way from the right usually all the time. The fuel needle is messed up too, doesn't quite go all the way to F on a full tank :( Dunno how to fix either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.