FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay is it normal for the temp gauge to act funny when its cold. I maybe drove for 10 minutes to my house and it was on the L and as soon as turned the corner and went down to O its seem flucutuate a lot but only when its like it like 30 or 40 degrees if that matters

·
Registered
471 Posts
as long as it is in the bracket stating normal, it is ok. My 91 would almost get to H before the cooling fan kicked on, and then would drop to N before shutting off. Scared the crap out of me the first time I got stuck in airport traffic.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had some trouble with my Gauge too, I just replaced the thermostat. My problem was when I was sitting in park with the car running, or waiting at a red light for a while, the temp would drastically climb and get almost to the H and i'd have to blow hot as hell air to cool it off.

Replacing the Thermostat and gasket fixed it. Also, the thermostat was causing my radiator hose to collapse(implode) every time I shut the car off, so it definitely needed a replacement.

·
Registered
323 Posts
mine used to have orgasms and jump back and forth and fluctuate to my subs! I checked the sender and everything was good, so i just decidded to get a aftermarket temp guage for 10 bucks.works like a charm,,,,,it starts at 175-190 degrees and the highest it has gotten is 230

·
Registered
235 Posts
My temp gauge did the same thing. I would check the thermostat, because after a little while, my gauge completely stopped working. Next thing I know, I'm buying a new engine because my thermo was busted into 4 pieces. Also make sure that you're running fresh antifreeze in the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts