FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our buddy Treeps came up with a design and I made it. I like to call it the GLX. I took it to a pack and ship center and had it mailed off to him. It arrived to his door like this.

I made another for him and have filed a claim with The UPS Store. I changed the spacing slightly and I think it looks much better, here is the new one.

As soon as I find worthy packing material, it is off to it's new home. ;)

· Registered
398 Posts
You have to realize when shipping anything that they are gonna get on a 3 foot step ladder, hold the box over their head and throw it down, minimum. So pack your parts accordingly. Oh and you do know what UPS stands for don't you? Universal Package Smashing

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
+1. Usually the stuff I mail/ship comes out fine but when I ordered parts for my computer build the box had a 1' hole torn in the side! (Yes, it was UPS.)Fortunately, everything was still there and worked. They should be ashamed for ever letting a package get damaged like that.

Fed-ex is the best shipper hands down, I have never seen a package sent through them even get dented.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
i used tp dp the shipping for my local goodwill and they go through ups... their method for loading the packages on the truck is literally to grab the box and just throw it in wherever it lands

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to work for the UPS hub here in Rockford. I know the caliber of the morons that work there, not surprised really. The mistake I made was entrusting the UPS Store location to "pack" it. Here are the pics Treeps gave me concerning the box...if you would call it that!

I plan to find a strong strut box, I already bought some foam and have it custom cut to protect the goodies. Both grills actually!

· Registered
6,057 Posts
i used to work for FedEx ground out here by the military base as a package handler loading the trailers and we stacked everything neatly and flush with the heavy and bulky items on the bottom so nothing gets crushed. FedEx is the way to go!

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I need to get yours out ASAP! As well as Treeps'! Yeah it depends on my cost and time, not looking to make a profit per-say, but just breaking even for my time is good enough. Plus it helps me in honing my skills. ;)

· Registered
771 Posts
ive only EVER had problems with ups, although i dont buy much online. i got a motherboard that was packed in an opaque plastic bag :mad: needless to say, it was cracked and didnt work, and now, my grille lol

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can make more. Finding grills locally for a good price is getting hard though. This summer, when $$$ allows, I plan to make a vacu-form table to hope to make the work easier. If interested in one, feel free to PM me.
If you feel like trying to make one yourself, more power to you! I use bondo-glass on the back for support and finish bondo on the front for smoothing. Just to get an idea, here are process pics of the grills.

Not super easy and will take some practice, but you are really only confined by your imagination.
If anyone has any more ideas, I would love to hear them. Reversing the slat direction would be the hardest thing to do IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.