FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little sunpro tach I bought for my Geo and never hooked up, I was thinking yesterday since I redid my gauges that my tach is wrong, that I could hook it up my little tach up so that I can see actual engine speed and adjust my in-cabin tachometer accordingly?

I'd read the instructions, but it's been over 2 years so I don't think I would be able to find them if I could. :wink:

Thanks

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean with the nubby thing, but hte problem is I didn't have a camera to do that with when i redid the gauges, so I know I'm within 300 rpm but I don't know if that's +300 or -300 from what the tach says, I tend to wind my car out, so that gets a bit iffy for me.

Short of having to pay to have it professionally done, is there a way I can re-align my tach?

My temp, gas and speedo are also all slightly off, but I know once I get my tach done I can adjust my speedo accordingly because I know what speed occurs at what RPM. (i.e.: 40 mph is @ 2900 rpm in 3rd gear & 50 mph is @ 2900 rpm in 4th gear)

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah 4 wires. I even have a pic of em incase someone asked :D

Where would I go about putting the red wire to? and the negative side of the coil is where exactly? I have an idea of where it is, but i'm not 100% sure. The ground I know of for a fact :wink:

It's sooo cute. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.