FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a recommended suspension mechanic in the burlington/hamilton area.

Also, if anyone has experiance installing struts/spring in a 1995 EGT, and would be willing to do my suspension install for me, contact me by PM with your price and experiance... thanks

Pat
Just a student trying to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Just do it yourself man

I've had my suspension apart so many times now that I can't even remember. And it's crazy easy stuff do mess with.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Just make sure you get a good spring compressor:

Ping....

OWWW, my eye....

:p

Mad easy, first "Real" work I did to my car other than an oilchange. My mistake for putting OE parts back on :roll:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just jack the car up and take the wheels off and you will figure it out..Basically 2 bolts hold the strut assembly to the spindle and 4 hold it at the top of the strut tower(2 in the rear) and then it comes out and you will figure it out. Just use a spring compresser and take your time. Not hard at all.

John

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yep, it's pretty easy. It DOES require some brute force though. Often the swaybars will want to hold the strut in the wheel well and you're likely to get some cuts as you pry the A-arms down with your feet and pull the strut out. After you get it out, you use a spring compressor to take the spring out. They can be bought for about 30 bucks. Then installation is reverse procedure of removal. It's easy, it's just a pain in the butt because it takes some strength to get stuff out.

You're gong to want a breaker bar and some PB blaster for the two 17mm nuts on the steering knuckle, mind you. Those things get pretty stuck, but they're in an easy place to get to.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Is it just as easy if I buy coils to put it all back in, or is it a little more difficult? cause if it's as easy as it sounds, I might buy them and do that this winter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts