FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sunroof is messing up. It will go back but it will not go forward. I can hear the relay click when i press the button and everything but it just wont go forward and i have to use an allen wrench to crank it forward again. I think it might be the motor but if anyone has had this problem please help, i really dont want to get a new motor. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i dont know much about this but... my friend had the same problem on her jetta. the sunroof fell off the tracks and was jamed up. just had to rebend the tracks and she was all set to go. hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey ThrashKnight, I have the same problem recently. The motor opens the moonroof but doesn´t close it. If you can figure anyway how to get this to work then let me know.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright i figured out what was wrong with my sunroof. I went to the junkyard and got a new motor and a new relay. I put the motor in and it did the same thing it was doing before so i put the new relay in and it fixed the problem. So JayJay i would try getting a new relay and hopefully that would fix your problem too. :-]

·
Registered
129 Posts
my roof opens up but doesn´t close either, but last summer i started digging into it and found it to be a broken cableon the passenger side of the roof. i don´t know the first thing on how to fix it since i could not figure out how to get to anything to replace it. anybody else ever work on something like that i would like to hear what you people have done

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey thanks man, i´m gonna go this weekend and check out the local junkyards and see if i can find a relay switch. or for that matter an entire motor. By the way how much was the motor and relay?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The relay was $3 at the yard and the motor was like $12 but i managed to sneek the motor by so for me it as free! :-]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts