FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
we built a box to fit in the little nook in my friends 83 camaro. We mad a template out of cardboard first then cut it out of wood. We used pine. lol... so far its held up great (3/4", tons of screws and wood glue).
hope some of this helps, later

·
Registered
218 Posts
what are the specs for the sub? you want it sealed or ported? if you dont have the specs tell me what kind of speaker. its proly easy to find. if you give me that info, i could proly give you as design. send me a pm with the info and ill get back to ya.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SUB BOX - Dont Be Chaep

DONT BE CHAEP :arrow: go to circuit city or best buy and buy the smallest box they sell fro your subs ti should fit your trunk. Total the cost shouldnt be over $60 they sound a lot better. Believe me i know from experience

-Zach

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know what im doin

for one ive been installing sound systems for like 3 years and a box from a store sopunds better and looks better. YES you can buil d abetter box but this guy probably doesnt know hwt a hes doin or doesn t have the time to build a good box.

-Zach

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know how to build boxes ive been doin it for a couple years i have books up the butt and im just lookin to learn something new and fun and tryin to make some fun money while havin fun doin something i like doin

·
Registered
235 Posts
Honestly, if you want to build a subwoofer, go get a job at Sony. A good sounding speaker cannot be built at home. The best a do it youself guy will be able to make is 2 pieces of tin that vibrate and make a humming sound.
If you want a box, I built one that fits in the 2nd gen trunk, and the back hatch has to be opened to take it out. It rocks. It's so easy to break into the 2nd gen doors (I did it the other night in less than 3 minutes with a piece of metal that i found on the porch), but opening the hatch without a key is quite a job.
I have designs for the box, THAT SOUNDS 10X BETTER THAN THE CHEAP BOXES AT BEST BUY. It has nearly 30 inches of air travel before it hits the outside world, and is able to accomodate any speaker size or specs by just lengthening or shortening the sides/top/bottom. It hits harder, and sounds crisper than any box I've EVER heard.
I also have designs for a scort designed box that incorporates mirrors, neon, and has 36 INCHES(!) of air travel before it gets outside the box. THIS BOX WILL WIN MEDALS! I will sell the plans for around $10. The box will cost you an avg $80-100 to build.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I recommend you people start paying attention to what people are asking in their threads...

HE DOES NOT WANT TO BUILD A BOX!!! HE HAS ALREADY DONE THAT.

HE WANTS TO MAKE HIS OWN S-P-E-A-K-E-R-S!!!!!!

And sorry bro, I haven't the foggiest about building your own speakers I'v eonly done the installation end of it all myself. Good luck finding out how you can make speakers, I think that with enough money you might be able to do it, or at least get some custom made ones if that's what you really want... Maybe...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts