Registered
3,053 Posts
nope

·
Registered
658 Posts
cntryby916 said:
i have room under my hood i just moved my battery and i got alot of room
Which has absolutely nothing to do with using a turbo on your car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you were paying attention like i said earlier i was talking about a remote turbo which if you dont know what that is its a turbo that isnt in the engine bay its at the back of the car

to get to my original question could i run piping from the turbo to the tb without messing up anything?

·
Registered
658 Posts
cntryby916 said:
if you were paying attention like i said earlier i was talking about a remote turbo which if you dont know what that is its a turbo that isnt in the engine bay its at the back of the car

to get to my original question could i run piping from the turbo to the tb without messing up anything?
Let's see... remotely mounted turbo not in engine bay, battery IS in engine bay; therefore moving the battery still has nothing with a remotely mounted turbo... OR a manifold mounted turbo, for that mater.

You need to careful about who you attempt to talk down to. There are certain people on this board who are way above your league in terms of experience and/or technical education; I am one of those people. How do I know? By the very nature of your comments and questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
discarding what you said f16

if you run piping from the back tell me how am i suppose to get that piping to the tb without cutting a hole and i really dont care about how much experience you have and dont judge me man you have no right

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT A STS TURBO ON YOUR FWD I4 THAT HAS PLENTY OF ROOM IN THE ENGINE BAY!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Maybe he wants to make it easier for someone to jack the turbo without having to take the whole car. :roll:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
cntryby916, personally, Im not going turbo - but HC N/A and NO2 - but to come here, asking a question and then ripping into the guys that are running turbo and know what theyre talking about is absurd... if you have made up your mind about STS turbo, then do it - dont come in here and start shit with the people that know. Listen and learn or go somewhere else.

you really need to do some reading here - we have guys running T3s, IHIs, Hybrid turbos - some low boost and some over 20psi - please read the info in this forum before going STS and realizing your mistake after the fact.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i always though that expanding gasses is what spun over a turbo. so if the gasses had time to cool wouldn't that sort of not work like it was intended?

so wouldn't the better option be closer to the exhaust ports?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
couldnt i put the turbo where the muffler was where that big gap is so it wouldnt bottom out and if someone can tell me where i could a turbo manifold id be happy to drop this subject

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
um - turbo manifold, attached right to the old cylinder head, remove stock exhaust mani, install turbo mani -

and the farther from the motor - the slower the exhaust travels, speed of flow is the turbos friend.

READ........... use the Search function on this site, it will produce all the info you are looking for. But, I have a hunch that you want a kit because you dont know what your doing when it comes to turboing your car. Read, learn, read some more - then move forward with your project.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts