FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a '93 wagon and a '94 wagon that i am putting together for my daughters to drive. they both have broken springs and high mileage issues. i am going to rebuild the suspension at all four corners of both cars. anybody have any experience with the monroe or KYB replacement struts with springs? neither one specifically lists for a wagon. one of these wagons lives in the country and i am not lowering it. the other will be in town and i am considering lowering it. i am mostly concerned with the most bang for the buck. i dont have a problem at all with buying all the parts and assembling them myself (except for all the other rolling pieces of **** that are on my list) but if those strut/spring combination's are a good buy i will probably go with them. anybody have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Look into getting the Monroe "Quick Struts", they come fully assembled and are probably cheaper than buying all individual parts (if you are going stock).
I ended up lowering my GT 1.8" with Intrax springs and Kyb struts. I have put 6 years and hard driving on them and they handle great and are holding up fine. If going stock, do some math, even if the quick struts are slightly more than piecing them together, you save a lot of time and effort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Momrow quick struts are the way to go. Rockauto.com is the least expensive way to go on this also. Not sure if the monroe rebate is still good but if you buy four, the rebate was around $125. Great deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.