FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed over the last few years of being on these forums that:

a topic will go undiscussed for a period of time, then one day there will be 2 or 3 topics posted by different ppl about the same thing..

ie: there were 2 topics posted about brakes in one day which was about the almost same problem...

anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
well, also pay attention to how much description is used in each different thread question. some people will have a vague question as thier title, and not elaborate on anything else under the text. on the other hand, some people will give out too much information and possibly drive the reader away from the thread because of too many words. i sure as hell can't read a novel of an issue when im running late for class.

but yes, it is a problem. the only thing i can suggest is getting the main points out of the way in the beginning, and elaborate towards the end if need be. so if someone knows enough about the topic, they can skip over the technical stuff and answer the question faster.

(random thought: this is the longest post here so far, i wonder if everyone read the whole thing, or just the beginning.)

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I think about the multiple post thing is sometimes (including myself) some of the readers here have nothing to do whatsoever, and well, we just get caught up and read and read and read through old, interesting articles, and well, once we post something, you see it in the recent posted part, and well, other people notice it there, and they see.... that's interesting.

Af for the multiple questions thing... people are lazy, or they think my problem is different, or they think lets piss someone off today! And what is the longest post???

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i read the hole thing. it takes mind control. you must understand english has many words that you dont need to read to understand the sentance. some just ask the same exact question as the one the day before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts