FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sound is like someone blowing into an empty old-fashioned coke bottle and it is coming from the front somewhere. It recently started just before I had the resonator pipe replaced and now it's pretty consistent. It's not quiet but it's not incredibly loud either. I don't think it has anything to do with the resonator pipe. Anyone know what this might be? Could just be more vibration but I'd like to know what vibrates so much it would cause the howling-like noise.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had the car on a highway in a while, just in the city. It doesn't increase with speed or get louder. The sound is fairly even and occurs randomly but frequently. It's going to hit 60 today in temps so it will be a good day to look at everything.....

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sound identified

The noise is a bad baffle within the muffler. The muffler was only a year old and when I inquired with the dealership about a possible warranty, they said there was none. So, being the rebel that I am, I'm keeping the muffler on the car as is, still sparkling silver, but noisy. It's only annoying at start up and when driving at low speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.