FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
75 or 100 should be ok. The trick is using it right. My personal choice would be a wet kit. Which shoots Fuel and N20 in the proper amount into the intake. I don't like the idea of the stock ECU trying to compinsate for it. I'd only run it with high octane fuel. I also would not advance the timing. leave it EOM specs if not retard it a little.

A purge kit is a good idea to keep it the shot clean. A Bottle warmer isn't a bad idea either.

The key like any mod is to not half ass it. Cheap doesn't usually mean good.

When you're ready let me know my supplier carries NOS, Nitrous Express and ZEX so I can give you a good price on several different systems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lets say i race my car every other sunday night at the 1/4 and a few races during the week. would be completly safe to run a 100 shot for about 7 or 8 runs down the track every other week and a few runs during the week?

after a while would it deteriorate anything in the engine?

i would like to go with nitrous express 100 shot wet kit, maybe two bottles so i wont have to go refill so often.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Okay here's some quick info:

Using N2O WILL damage everything! Its especially hard on the drivetrain.

If you are going to spray best recommendation dont go bigger then like 75-85 WET, 50-60 DRY.

Honestly 100 is a BIG shot for stock internals, but I will admit GT internals are Impressive. Its all a question of mileage. If you're over 85k or so I would stick with my previous amounts... over 100k 8O well, just dont go crazy with spraying

Anyhow NX is great for Intercooler sprayers, but for the motor....I would lean towards a system that can shut itself off...like Zex or Venom. Zex wet is like 550 bucks.

best of luck

*** Almost forgot: a 10lb bottle usually will feed a Camaro (5.7L) shooting 120shot about 12-15 passes on the quarter. Shooting a 75shot wet, I'd bet you'd be able to get about 25-30 passes (couple weekends)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nitrous done right is completely safe. A friend of mine is running a 75 HP wet kit. Been running it for three years without one single problem. I recomend a 75 HP shot max. Anything more then that is too much. Have no fear. 75HP is a bunch of power. You will be more then happy with it. I think Don paid $500.00 for a Nitrous Express wet kit. Another $50.00 to fill the 10 lb bottle.

Tom

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Okay, so I'm really drunk right now...so I'm gonna speak my mind...plz take no offense:

"Its completely safe" ....whatever! think about it like this; you are instantaneously adding ~50hp to the wheels...dont you think CV joints, halfshafts, clutches, and gears like that?

But like I mentioned before..its all a stipulation of how good of a condition your car is to start with.

Yeah its 40 bucks to fill a tank in Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I agree with both. IT is safe if you take the time (and money!) to do it right. However when adding any amount of horsepower to an engine you have to realize you are creating a more hostile invoronment in the engine. Obviously it is going to wear quicker. How much quicker? there is NO way to know but if you take all the right steps it should be very little.

ZEX:

Wet Kit: $663
Bottle Heater: $135.94
Purge Kit: $113.28

NOS: (http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/P ... Foggr.html)

Wet Kit: $713
Bottle Heater: $166.35
Purge Kit: $130.40
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/P ... geVlv.html is good info as well as super cool photo.

Nitrous Express:
Wet Kit: $770
Bottle Heater: $280
Purge Kit: $139

I personally like the NOS kit. ZEX seems fairly idiot proof but I'm not a fan of putting all my faith in the ZEX controller to handle it. I'd rather have a button so I can control when to do it. But thats me. Nitrous Express is a high quality kit as well but seems a little over priced.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Blade,

Yea you got it. If your car is tired and abused, you are asking for trouble. If your car is in good working conditi0on, then fine. All I can compare it to is Donalds ZX2. As I have said, he has not had a problem. A worn clutch, bad CV joints, etc, then you are asking to replace the clutch, CV joints and the like. If everything is in good working order, then run it. He does. The power is awesome. Sure it isnt like a turbo, but when you need the power, it is nice to just open it up and let her fly.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts