FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on our 96 lx the light for the key on the steering column has stopped working . can it be replaced without a lot of hassle ? i`m not a mechanic and really don`t want to mess anything up , as it`s not my car . any help would be welcome .

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that easy huh . ok maybe i will try as soon as i get the time
thanks for the answer on how easy it is . i`m just nervous because it`s not my car . one well maintained 96 lx. only 80,000 miles from new . one owner too . good car .

· Registered
4,132 Posts
take off the 3 or so screws that hold the bottom plastic piece around the steering column. it also snaps into the top peice.

then you'll see that the key light is twisted into the bottom plastic, twist it out and voila theres the bulb. it just pulls out. i think its a bulb #74. you could check the owners guide for the bulb number.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steering column light

thanks to all who have replied . looks easy .figured i better find out what i was up against rather than muck it up royally on my own . thanks again EZH

· Registered
8,463 Posts
PonyExpress said:
take off the 3 or so screws that hold the bottom plastic piece around the steering column. it also snaps into the top peice.
Just to clarify for posterity (and to up my post count), there are four screws: only two are the same too, but if I remember correctly, as least they're all Phillips. One's a machine screw; the other three are self-tapping.

· Registered
2,924 Posts
I found that if i have my clutch depressed when I turn off my car, when I get back in the key light isn't on. But if I don't have it depressed the light is on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.