FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
I have a 95 tracer 1.9L.
Recently, I need to crank my car for a long time before it starts. This isn´t all the time. Sometimes it starts right up. It seems to do this when it´s nicer outside, 60-80 degrees. Any ideas what could be wrong?? Anyone else have this problem??
Thanks guys,
Alex :-]

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
The next time it does it try this.

Cycle the keyswitch on and off about 5-7 times, then try to crank it over. If it starts after this, you got the same problem I had. You´re loosing fuel pressure somewhere. It´s either the check valve in the fuel pump, or the fuel pressure regulator. If I were to take chances, I would change the regulator first, it´s cheaper.

Matt :cool:

·
Registered
618 Posts
My car is suffering from the same symptoms. Let me know if you find the problem, since this is quite annoying and it´s not good for the starter I´m sure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This may be a little off the subject, but whenever i rev my engine and let off it almost dies out and when the a/c is on it´ll totally die out. Has anyone ever had that problem before?? ;-)

·
Registered
911 Posts
could be alot of things....

similar symtoms come from a worn timing belt.....bad plugs and wires...vacuum leaks...anything along those lines can do it...

·
Registered
274 Posts
def fuel pressure in mercs case my car has the same problem... just leave it in the on position for a bit before you crank it over and it should fire up... the guy with his engine dying could be from all those variables described.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts