FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know which it is, im leaning torwards the solenoid only bc thats where i hear the clicking when the car wont turn. Damn car...anyways heres what happens. I turn the key and it clicks, thats it. And after that im really pretty mad, bc my cars been doing good, so i get out and wack the starter with a 1/2 inch drive rachet, (what i was instructed to do, shock the starter) and boom it starts. So which do you think it is, keep in mind that my car is old, and i changed the starter in february. i kinda need to know...bc its kinda funny when your at jewel with the hood up hitting your car to get it to start at 900 at night...lol

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Starter. If it's clicking, then the solenoid is good, and the starter is getting power if you have to kick/hit it to get it to start.

If you have the 1.8 you might want to order it NOWWWWW. I went to try and get a new one and no auto parts store carry the 1.8s starter in stock. They did have 4 starters for the 1.9. :x

Another option for the starter is get a junkyard one and take it off and replace it yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you can take the starter out, AutoZone should be able to test it. I had a cavalier that wouldn't start but would click. They wanted $75 for the starter and $25 for the solenoid. They tested the solenoid, but they weren’t sure if they did it right (too hard the pull the starter off in the parking lot at work). So I got a solenoid and it started right up. If I bout the starter I would of never know it was the solenoid because the starter came with one on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts