FEOA Forums banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
No I never tried.
Perhaps a used one online and have it rebuilt.

There is only one junkyard in a 30 mi radius that lets go in the yard and pull you own part.

Or have the local junkyard get you one.

I ordered the steel for the reinforcing plate.
I'm spilt between rebuilding mine or buying a second one and having it rebuilt. I kind of like the idea of a second one so the old one comes out and the new one in. Drove mine today and it was a blast.

Cant wait to see progress on the trans project.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I'm spilt between rebuilding mine or buying a second one and having it rebuilt. I kind of like the idea of a second one so the old one comes out and the new one in. Drove mine today and it was a blast.

Cant wait to see progress on the trans project.

Second one as it offers more flexibility in choice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Agree. Also I don't feel rush if something goes wrong, which it always does.

Started work on the transmission reinforcing plate; this is the pattern a made with scrap 1/4" styrene a few days ago.
The steel I ordered came in today and so hopefully I will have one made of steel in the near future.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hopefully goes smooth when transferring to steel.

I finished the reinforcing plate today

Hopefully goes smooth when transferring to steel.

I pulled the trannie from the 2001 MTX Black (again) and yes another broken 2-4 fork.

I pulled the gear assembly's and checked the shifter assemblies and no damage there.

Installed the new 3-4 fork and temp reassembled (two bolts holding the halves together) and testeded shifting (pass)..

Bolted the steel reinforcing plate into position; again no binding with shifting. Likely Monday I will take the housing in to remove the .157" to install the plate!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I dropped the case off for milling and should be done by the end of the day. I consulted with the owner (40 years experience) on the best way fasten it to the case and will not use the bolt pattern displayed by PAR.

The broken 3-4 shift fork overheated the Fidanza friction plate; fortunately I have a spar and will replace that today. The clutch is okay and the pressure plate just needs a little roughing up.

BTW the broken sleeve interlock that was damaged in my spare tranny is going into the Black car instead. The Mazda interlock is 27mm tall whereas the ford is 23mm. The 3-4 fork for the Mazda is the older style so I need to see if Ford still supports them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I replaced the friction disc on the fiddy; the old one looks like a frisbee it warped so bad. The fiddy is in as well as the clutch. Waiting on machining of the case; it is the beginning of race season so I got bumped.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the PDF and updating us on the trans. Seems like its coming together.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
What's your address again and what time do you work? Looks awesome bro! I'm sure your excited to get it installed after you install that missing bolt.

I'm retired so I work when I need too.

Joe Heim
10145 W Pickford Ave
Beach Park, IL 60099

Missing bolt?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Definitely salt in this area. I was pretty pissed when I spent money stainless only to find some component use regular steel:mad:
Is it a trubendz exhaust or some other kind?

It's been well over a month since I fired up my car. Just crazy busy here.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts