FEOA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Same here on buying. Im going to buy it as well. I talk to evil on a weekly basis. Super knowledgeable.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Same here on buying. Im going to buy it as well. I talk to evil on a weekly basis. Super knowledgeable.

I couldn't get the SVT manifold to work properly so I pulled it and put the stock manifold back in. All is not lost though, I do have the heater hose against the firewall and no longer thru the manifold. I have an easily accessible fuel filter and oil filter now. I think oil changes will be 5 1/2 to 6 quarts but guess I can go longer between oil changes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I couldn't get the SVT manifold to work properly so I pulled it and put the stock manifold back in. All is not lost though, I do have the heater hose against the firewall and no longer thru the manifold. I have an easily accessible fuel filter and oil filter now. I think oil changes will be 5 1/2 to 6 quarts but guess I can go longer between oil changes.
Clearance problems? If you want to connect with me faster, let me know I can send you my phone number.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Clearance problems? If you want to connect with me faster, let me know I can send you my phone number.

Started and ran good...then the trannie gave me trouble...limped it home in third gear...time to pull the trannie (no it is not the clutch).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
On my list to rebuild as well. I want mfactory and need a new 3rd gear fork and syncro.

If you remember Alwayssideways from TeamZX2; I have his trannie with the MFactory installed. You can tell the difference in the way it pulls the car forward...

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you remember Alwayssideways from TeamZX2; I have his trannie with the MFactory installed. You can tell the difference in the way it pulls the car forward...
Yes, I remember him. Well hopefully he rebuilt the trans well, but it appears it failed if you lost 3/4. I'm looking to mfactory but trying to see first if someone who has it already installed in a trans is selling it first.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, I remember him. Well hopefully he rebuilt the trans well, but it appears it failed if you lost 3/4. I'm looking to mfactory but trying to see first if someone who has it already installed in a trans is selling it first.

I can't complain, I bought it years ago and he crated it well. Definitely cheaper with LSD already installed. I would buy a second one for the S/R.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I can't complain, I bought it years ago and he crated it well. Definitely cheaper with LSD already installed. I would buy a second one for the S/R.
I got the trannie out; the oil line hoses prevent removing the PS axle but I was able to move it enough so I could pull the trannie away.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
At least you dont have the infamous axle seize on the hub.

Glad to say I never experience that. I did receive the tuning manual. Many disclaimers RE street tuning vs dyno-tuning. Even if I never "tune' perhaps I will better understand how all these sensors work together to tune the car?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad to say I never experience that. I did receive the tuning manual. Many disclaimers RE street tuning vs dyno-tuning. Even if I never "tune' perhaps I will better understand how all these sensors work together to tune the car?
Tuning manual for SCT Pro Racer? Let me know how hard it looks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Tuning manual for SCT Pro Racer? Let me know how hard it looks.

The trannie is repaired and I will install tomorrow. A piece from a previous broken shift fork was sitting at the pivot point preventing shifting and fortunately nothing was damaged. No drain magnet either. I borrowed a magnet from my spare trannie. Ford does not support the magnet or the throw out pivot pin (broken on the spare). I went to Mazda and ordered both and will list the Mazda part numbers when I pick up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The trannie is repaired and I will install tomorrow. A piece from a previous broken shift fork was sitting at the pivot point preventing shifting and fortunately nothing was damaged. No drain magnet either. I borrowed a magnet from my spare trannie. Ford does not support the magnet or the throw out pivot pin (broken on the spare). I went to Mazda and ordered both and will list the Mazda part numbers when I pick up.
Glad it wasnt anything major.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Glad it wasnt anything major.

I got it all back together and then my wife returned home so I'll wait to bleed the clutch booster tomorrow.
I made another modification to ease assembly.

Currently I replace the two upper bolts with two 5" long bolts to support and be able to slide the trannnie away from the engine; and use the same bolts for re-assembly. Today I replaced the two bottom bolts with studs to better keep both surfaces parallel with one another during re-assembly. The lower studs remain and I add flange nuts for re-assembly. It works pretty good and keeps from damaging the splines from poor alignment. To align the surfaces during re-assembly I use my Harbor Freight Trannie jack with plywood on the top and use scrap wood to align the trannie to the engine. .

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got it all back together and then my wife returned home so I'll wait to bleed the clutch booster tomorrow.
I made another modification to ease assembly.

Currently I replace the two upper bolts with two 5" long bolts to support and be able to slide the trannnie away from the engine; and use the same bolts for re-assembly. Today I replaced the two bottom bolts with studs to better keep both surfaces parallel with one another during re-assembly. The lower studs remain and I add flange nuts for re-assembly. It works pretty good and keeps from damaging the splines from poor alignment. To align the surfaces during re-assembly I use my Harbor Freight Trannie jack with plywood on the top and use scrap wood to align the trannie to the engine. .
You have the harbor freight trans jack too? Are we brothers? The only problem with mine is it rolls too good. It flew at me when I was installing my trans.

Sounds like a good idea with the bolts. Good way to prevent damaging the splines. I really need an upgraded trans. Not sure why, just nervous on building one.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts