My 2001 sat for almost 2 years that served as my daily driver and so I bought a 2017 Escape so I could drive to work. Apparently at some time a screw fell into the TB and sat there until whatever unique combination of forces allowed it to be sucked into the #3 cylinder valve. Eventually I found a 1998 head and am now attempting to install it. I am waiting for some lifter shims ordered online so I can complete the task. After much tribulation and several attempts to complete the head repair I think I solved the problem. The symptoms and codes (P0340 & 1504) implied poor timing and much time was spent redoing timing. After much frustration I let the car sit. Yesterday I checked the timing and it was perfect. I have a spare IAC and plugged it in and it did nothing and so I followed the wires and the white wire from the CCRM was broken in two near the main connector above the intake manual and installed a splice. I also repaired the throttle cable adjustor as the plastic clamping device lost some of its elasticity to clamp by using a wire zip tie that is held in place by the OEM spring. I had to leave and will test later today...(5/22/2019) I also fabricated a new header using the tubular Focus exhaust manifold. I cut off the Focus flange and used a piece of mandrel bent tube to make the offset down pipe and used a Napa exhaust flange to connect to cat. We'll see how it works when the head is installed. It still should be better than the old cast iron manifold.