FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
the web hosting plan we have places us on a server with multiple sites. almost all hosting packages are like that, unless you wanna start payin BIG bucks for your own server. so between our site, which i know is taking up alot of the processing power on the server, plus the other sites just slows the server down even more. i know that our site has alot to do with it because we average 4000+ hits a day, our database is about 18.50 MB which is pretty damn big since it's all text. that's like making a file in notepad or wordpad that is 18.50 MB big. i mean that is all that can be said heh, we can't do anything about it unless you guys wanna get a dedicated server which runs about $395 a month instead of our $14.95 a month we pay now. hehe, huge difference.

i apologize for it being slow. i run into the same things as you guys do, and it does suck to have to wait a bit for the site to load a page. there are only 2 things i can suggest.

1: just tough it out, which we all do
2: try to use the site at non-peak hours

i will shoot the hosting company an email and see what they say about our server and possibly trying to make it better.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Finally the site is back up for me! It blanked out around eleven and I couldn't get on it again until about one thirty or so. It's runnin' real real smooth now tho. And yeah, it's free for me so I don't complain. I'm not paying for anything and I don't expect anybody else to all of a sudden accomodate me. It's a great site tho. ^_^

·
Registered
914 Posts
Really? Belleville? I never noticed. I've been there a coupla times. Or rather... driven by doing eighty on the highway or something. Anyways, I know the general vicinity of where it is. :p I could probably get there in like 40 minutes or so. That's sweet to have someone so close.

·
Registered
914 Posts
The internet always seems so big and impersonal to me, it kind of gives you the feeling you can do or say whatever you want and there's no consequences. Kinda gives you a reality check when you find out there's someone next door. lol

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
not a problem guys. some of you guys already help out, hence the paying member underneath your name. some people choose not to become a member, or can't...either way it doesn't matter to us. if nobody ever became a member we would still have the site and it would be exactly the same. but paying or not paying, everyone helps out by just comin to the site and using it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.