2,141 Posts
cold air.

· Registered
3,054 Posts
both will most likely make it worse

· Registered
686 Posts
not exactly.
I agree. Manufacturers set up a list of criteria to meet for a model, than they attempt to fall somewhere within that specified range. They don't go out of their way to produce amazing feats of automotive mechanics, or we'd all be driving $20k ferrari's. They're also a business, not philanthropists, and they're buddies with the oil industry, so I'm pretty sure they're not trying to put their friends out on the street.

Anywho, as for an answer to the question, from what I understand, the warmer the air the better the mileage, so you're looking for short ram in that case.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
i noticed a slight increase in gas milage with my setup. there is more of an increace in warmer weather tho.

· Registered
2,719 Posts
juggalo said:
i noticed a slight increase in gas milage with my setup. there is more of an increace in warmer weather tho.
Replacing the stock filter with a cone will of course help fuel mileage, you're helping the engine breathe.

· Registered
6,096 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.