FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 zx2 and when I get in my car and turn it on it is fine. If I turn on the A/C, the car will begin to rumble and occassionally it turns off (especially when turning). The other problem is that the rpm's go down when I turn on the A/C (shouldn't the engine make up for this by increasing rpm so that the engine does not rumble?). Finally, with the A/C on, accelerating from a dead stop causes my car to squeal for 4-5 seconds. If I turn off the A/C mid squeal, the squeal immediately ceases. The squealing usually happens the most when accelerating through a turn. Please let me know what I should be looking to fix. Thanks.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
The squeal is the belt that runs the AC compressor slipping. It's hard to turn that thing and an old belt will slip. Changing the belt cures this, but you also have to make sure the tentioner is still strong.

The other problem I have no answer for. It seems the function that bolsters RPM when the AC comes on is borked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.