FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i shift into gear it squeaks (the shifter not the trany). is this a worn bushing? should it be replaced?

anotehr question i have is im looking at getting a hood from a junkyard, molding a hoodscoop on, and then painting. the carpet material on the engine side of the hood, is that what is that there for and would it be harmful tot he car to remove it?

thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
That's there for sound dampening and insulation (mostly sound though.) It doesn't hurt your engine to take it off... in fact you could probably run without a hood (which is just ghetto, dunno if it's illegal) and it wouldn't hurt it...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, yea i think i want o keep the hood. lol. maybe when i go to the dragstrip ill take it off, or do u think it will hurt my time because of aerodynamics?

any ideas about the shifter? thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
My clutch used to squeak when you let it down on the floor. Check that... Other than that... I dunno. -.- Leave your hood on, you'll hurt your time by running without one I'd bet. Maybe. I dunno.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
ditto that. It's the balljoing that makes the shifter squeak. and I think it's just plain-jane grease. The haynes manual has it, methinks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
yeah my shifter is squeaking too....and you could use what kikoy said..or something like multipurpose black grease.... as long as it lubricates :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts