FEOA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently (yesterday) installed brand new H&R sport springs and Tokico S/R struts into my 97 wagon. :D I took some pictures comparing them and some springs I nabbed from a zx2 at the junkyard.

Left to right: wagon, zx2, H&R

fronts:

rears:

Interestingly, the zx2 fronts have about a quarter more turn then the wagon's.
Also, the wagon's rears are much taller and stiffer then the zx2's. You can't really tell from here, but the wagon's are progressively wound.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
They probably would give you a drop but it would be because they are softer. The back would probably drop more than the front and you would end up with a more spongy ride.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I just noticed I had responses on this thread!

I had the zx2s on the front of my wagon for awhile with no noticeable difference. The backs would definitely lower the back but no more than a sedan is. Also the wagon rears were way stiffer than the sedan's which would definitely effect ride and handling.

Now the H&Rs are great. Lowered just a bit. Between 1 and 2 inches I think. Quite stiff but not painfully so. Goes around corners very nicely. With a GT rear sway bar it has just a touch of understeer that is easy to remove with the gas pedal. They were around $200 from an ebay retailer. I paired them to Ford Racing s/r Tokiko shocks. Also about $200.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
NOICE!

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
i noticed ur wagon has manual seat belts. did it come from canada or r all 3rd gens like that?

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
They are all like that.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
i thought so. i remembered seeing a 3rd gen wagon in federal way with manual seat belts and thought it came from canada.

·
Lower it.
361 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with a spring that lowers the front end a little more? The difference in clearance bugs me and I am sure it will give my wagon a beastly stance to have that front dropped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts