FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with the spring that goes from the timing belt tensioner to the stub on the water pump (?). Should have taken a picture...didn't...feel stupid for asking but... how exactly does that spring hook on? Does it matter if the spring goes over or under the little nub on the tensioner? It hooks on all the way over on the little shaft on the water pump? Anybody got pictures? Also the left (rear) tensioner that I am talking about has a flange that has a hole in it and seems to line up with a threaded hole in the water pump, yet I don;t remember a bolt for that. Any insigght would be appreciated. My chilton's is not much help.

dan

·
Registered
87 Posts
i've done the timin plenty of times on my car and i put the spring on there either way and it never made a difference in mine, either way it puts the same amount of tension on the belt.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Hope that helps. I agree with Pinklman, I don't see there being any difference in which way the spring goes on. I have the factory service manuals and it didn't call out to put it on a particular way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here's a pic from when I was disassembling. You can see there's a dowel that arm on the tensioner goes over. Looks like I put my spring back on the way it was. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts