FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 89 LX (1.9 cfi) is spitting oil, its bad, i did my oil change 2 weeks ago, and im already half a quart down, and the sad thing is, i dont know where my pcv valve is, and just so i dont look so stupid, my brothers boss, certified mechanic, dont know where it is, so im not so stupid. anyways....could the pcv be my prblem or would it be something else

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
2 weeks and only a half a quart??? damn in about 4-6 weeks or so my oil pan will get bone dry if I don´t keep checking on it. :-o

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my breather filter has been destroyed, and i drive unbelivable amounts, i deliver pizzas, so i dont want to have to keep checking on it all the time, i still do, but it can be annoying

·
Registered
212 Posts
If your using 10-30 oil, switch to 15-40 or straight 30 weight. 10-40 is too close to 10-30. In the hot summer months 20-50 is great. And dont worry about the full mark, when you add oil just bring it up close to full, dont overfill it. Oil is cheap!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Uh oh, sounds like your about to have some major problems. Its not the pvc valve (at least i doubt it), it wouldn´t cause that much oil to be lost. My car was doing the same thing you just descriped (if what you described is oil in the air filter). I take it your car is smoking, even just a little. My car (87 scort gt) started doing this and a month later I cracked three pistons! :-o Your´s may not be that severe, but you never know. Your pvc valve is that black thingy that sticks out of the top right side of your valve cover. If you can shake it and can hear it moving inside then it is probably fine. If not then replace it and see if it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts