FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for days and haven't found any solid info on this. I've already swapped it over but, I have a feeling I'm using the wrong one. None of the sensors matched so I'm planning on making a JY run for the harnesses. And there's no kickdown when I put the pedal to the floor. I have a 1994 auto wagon and I thought I bought a '97 auto throttle body. Was I mistaken? :mad:

· Registered
1,761 Posts
If you bolted it on already i think it would have to be a SPI TB because the only other one i know of that bolts on would be a 3.8 TB and you would of had to do some modifying to make it fit.
Did you take the TPS (throttle position sensor) off from your old throttle body and put it on the new SPI throttle body? If you are driving around without the TPS plugged in that is probably why your car is not shifting properly.
This is what a SPI throttle body looks like ( obviously the sensors are missing but you get the idea) Is this what yours looks like?

· Registered
6,057 Posts
u need to rewire the wagons TPS wiring to the connector of the TPS on the throttle body and i hope u ported ur intake for that size even tho it's 4mm bigger than the 1.9 throttle body.

· Registered
6,057 Posts
nope. the tang is about 90 degrees off

· Registered
6,057 Posts
u can use ur original IAC valve but u will need the spi TPS and connector

· Registered
2,848 Posts
I remember someone saying they made an adapter plate to use the 1.9's TPS on the 2.0 throttle body, so you could do that if you didn't want to splice your TPS wiring.

If you do splice, remember that it's a resistance measuring device so be sure to solder your connections very well.

Although I never saw a pic of the adapter plate, I'd assume it would just be a small, flat piece of metal with several holes in it. It would bolt to the stock 2.0 TPS location and then the 1.9 TPS would bolt into the adapter plate at a different angle. You get the idea.

Me personally, I cut, spliced, soldered, heat shrunk, and taped. Haven't had a bit of trouble with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.