FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedo/odom has stopped working. So far I've checked the cable, seems OK and pulled entire instrument cluster out of the dash, speedo works when spindle is turned by hand.
What else am I missing? :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but the speedo gears could be causing a problem. I had a similar problem in my car. It definately wasn't the instrument cluster, it wasn't the cable. It was the gears; a little box that fits into the transmission. The shop I dealt with had a hard time getting a replacement but they can be found. Its very easy to fix. Just get the replacement.

Good luck.

I'm surprised no one else has replied yet.

Anyway let us know what happens.

Saj

·
Registered
40 Posts
The box that goes into the transmission is the speed sensor. I believe it includes the speedo gear when you replace it. IF you go to a Ford Dealer to pick it up your gunna need the VIN. There are several different combonations and the VIn helps a bunch. Your lookin at approx. $50-75 for one.

- Hutch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys for taking so long to reply ........ turns out the problem was a broken speedo cable at the speed sensor.
My spouse had taken the vehicle to a mechanic a while back and he had diagnosed it as a speedo replacement solution ... after checking out the cable; just goes to show you what some of these mechanics know !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts