FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, a couple of stats:
In all his 13 visits to Catalunya, MS has scored points every time, five of those being wins.
The Ferrari F2003GA is the fifth consecutive Ferrari model to win it´s debut race.
Alonso has scored points every race this season.

I can´t recall any more useless stats right now, so here´s what happened:
Raikonnen Started last and travelled a total of 8 metres before crashing - into the stationary Jaguar of Pizzonia directly in front of him. That must be embarassing - and a record! Coulthard pushed Trulli off before the first corner and got away with it. Alonso, who started a well done 3rd in his home race, sort of got past Barrichello approaching turn 1, and tried to no avail to take advantage of the two Ferraris´ apparent tangle and ended up back in third. Coul(re)thard had another lapse later and got into Button but this time David got the short end of the stick and both siver arrows DNFed. The best fight was in the last 10 or so laps where we saw DaMatta have a real go with Ralf. He never got by but put in the best effort of the day. Ralf did let Juan and Rubens by though. Alonso got by Rubens by setting blisterers when Rubens was in the pit, and pushed really hard the whole race to keep up with MS. IMO he performed a miracle staying as close as he did to Michael. Fernando is my DOD. He is the only Spaniard in the field, and the most successful in history. His home crowd was thrilled. Flavio took a gamble on him and Alonso is the find of the millenium! It looks like Renault is set to become a regular pointy end team, to Sir Frank´s dismay. Firman didn´t do too badly but his job is still in jeopardy. Looks like buying shares in him will not pay off. BTW we did lose a Ford engine in this race(Fisichella). Villeneuve lost his engine too. Mark Webber really stayed under the radar today. He almost never appeared on screen and finished 7th. He´s quite consistent.
I´m forgetting alot of stuff, but anyway it was a good show and I was particuly entertained by Christiano and Fernando. :p

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive review! :) You´ve left nothing out at all. I quite enjoyed the race as a whole, but don´t like the ´follow-the-safety-car-round-&-round´ rule that seems to be used more and more. I always thought a re-start was the order of the day if an ´incident´ happened before the end of the lst lap. :-( I felt very sorry indeed for Pizz., especially as his job is ´on the line,´ I hope Jag., give him at least one more race.

Alonzo has my DoD award - but ..... MICHAEL RULES!!!! :-]

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Waddya mean #2? I bet you know way more than I do about F1.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:-D Ah, but you´re a No. 1 ´reporter!!!!!´ By the way, today´s a public holiday here and I´ve just had an great lunchtime watching Champ cars back again in the UK, on the ´short course´ at Brands Hatch. Newman/Haas came first and second and really it wasn´t a particularly exciting race to watch, apart from the terrific camera action CART always has - I LOVE the ovals, there´s nothing like it here.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes I think they they look at what team is ahead in the points and do whichever will screw them the most. Other times I think they pander to Ferrari.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
07-05-2003 at 17:37, MadBrad wrote:
Sometimes I think they they look at what team is ahead in the points and do whichever will screw them the most. Other times I think they pander to Ferrari.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Often said - I hope not - the words "offers, can´t & refuse" come to mind! MS can still do no wrong as far as driving is concerned (or most of the time)! ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.