Discussion in 'Interior Modifications' started by novanutcase, Apr 23, 2017.
Yeah. Forget the two part rattle cans. I'm going to go the dedicated primer/topcoat method.
What's weird is I prepped the surface with alcohol the first time so that should have sufficed. When that didn't work I used acetone. Acetone should have cut through whatever was on there but I guess not.
My guess is the previous owner used a shit ton of Armor All which is silicon based and I know that silicon is kind of tough to get off of surfaces. When I used the Prep Spray it seemed to have worked as I mentioned before I used the matching Duplicolor paint and it worked fine except it didn't really cover as well as the Rustoleum plastic paint since there were what looked like blotches that wouldn't go away no matter how much of the Duplicolor I used.
I decided to experiment and shot a thin coat of the Rustoleum and it covered much better.
FYI for those of you that are going to attempt to take off your rear panels. There is a clip that holds the panel near where the door latch is that you need to be careful of or you will snap the clip mount off. You need a plastic tool to be able to get it off so that you don't break it.
"Prepped with alcohol."
Drinking a Coors don't count.
Hahaha! 12 oz. curls. I was getting my workout in at the same time!!
Separate names with a comma.