FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my fuel filter just recently went kaput. Any ideas on what would be the best option for a new one? does it even really matter?
I ve been looking at the ones for my year and there dont seem to be many... but they all vary in price by quite a lot.
is it just a name or what? Bosh says its OEM, but the Forcast filter is like... 12 bucks.
any opinions? lemme know

·
Super Moderator
10,291 Posts
What I normally do, using rockauto(dot)com as my source, I pick a part from the selection, which isnt the cheapest, nor the most expensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea rock auto has been a real source for my car parts when I cant find them any where else. I posted this a few years ago when working on my GT that I'm getting ready to give away- Sorry, Denisond13 - those are both me- my account from 2001 (Leuk) and the new one I had to make today (Leukloki) because I can not get to the email my last one was registered too- haha sorry!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Serious??? I haven't had any problems with them before- to be fair, I am usually ordering by part number, but still that seems like something they should fix (I guess there just aren't enough of us tho)

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I haven't shopped for 1st gen parts on RockAuto in some time, but never got the wrong part. To be fair, I usually knew exactly what I was looking for, since part lists are often wrong in one way or another. This is especially true with fuel pressure regulators for 1st gens. Everyone has the GT one, and the CFI diaphragm seems long gone.

Any other car I've shopped for has been spot on with the part, but I still approach it carefully, as I don't want to send a part back, and have someone wait longer on their car.

I still stand by my signature that Advance will give the wrong part, almost always. Autozone has not been much better, and I had Oreilley give me driver side only parts when doing a front end rebuild on a Nissan. Everyone F's up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts