FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im thinkin of goin with sony amps and speakers( cause i listened to the speakers and they r freakin awesome), and go with a pioneer sub...the pioneer subs i know dont cost much and i know people u used them and said they sound really nice.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I've heard someone on this board say the Xplod's are awful.

I've never listened to 'em myself, but I can't believe they're that bad. I'd take my chances on 'em if the price was right.

Speaker choice is completely subjective. Additionally, speakers can sound good with some types of music but not as good with other types of music. If you like 'em for the noise you play, piss on the rest of us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^yeah i thought i heard that somewhere before too but i dont really buy it myself...especially since sony xplod product seem to be advertised...i also have seen their porducts used on Pimp my Ride a few times and i dont think they would put crappy products in someones car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They would put free products in someones car though :)..I had a friend blow a 750watt sony amp in an hour and half once...They only thing I would buy sony for in car audio is their decks, and they woud have to be their high end ones.....I like sticking to my kicker gear though...expensive, but it last and sounds good..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the CDX550 and it was a decent deck I only ran into connections problems with the face when it was cold outside. I know the amps are ok I have heard good things but regardless of what you get you are going to get bad and good opinions. If I were you I would go Phoenix Gold.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I've never heard anything good about Sony's car stuff. I've noticed their products go down hill. I have 2 Alpine E-10's and they blow away my friend's 4 Sony 10's that are all running off of a seperate amp (4 amps, 4 subs to my 1 amp 2 subs). I know many people who have said the subs are garbage. I am unsure about the decks or the normal speakers. I am guessing that with the Xplod Amps my friend would still have better luck with better subs though. Just my 2 cents. It's all personal preference though! If you're not gonna push it to the max, you won't notice a whole bunch of difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts